Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Scrapes On Your Knees

Juice Nothing Got Scraped On Their Knees
Ahoyhoy.

This is going to be one of those “I don’t have time for you right now” updates, because it’s true. I don’t have time for you right now. Mainly because you don’t have time for me. I get the statistics. I know how many people actually read these news items. Although contradictorily that doesn’t include you, because you are actually reading this. I guess "thanks" is what I'm trying to say? Whatever. The truth is that the only reason I don’t have anything clever or funny to go in this space is because all of my funny and clever is being used elsewhere, which will eventually reach you anyway. Christ, what the hell am I on about? This is the news:

JUICE NOTHING
As promised, I am making up for lost time and managed to release 2 fairly substantial articles in the month of May. The first was How To Fuck Girls And Not Cheat On Your Girlfriend which does exactly what it says on the box. It is the answer to all your problems as well as the answer to last years similarly titled How To Fuck Boys And Not Be Gay. People seemed to dig it, because it’s EDUCATIONAL. I wrote most of it on the tube during the frantic Coming Down Happy release months, so it was good to get it out there and still have a girlfriend by the end of it.

The second article was released TODAY, and goes by the name of Undeniable Proof That The Law Of Attraction Works! Funny enough, I started writing this blog around mid-2010, but I was in a very unsettling mental space at the time and it didn’t feel right to launch something so happy-clappy whilst wallowing in self-pity. As a result, I put it on the back burner, but I did mentioned it ages ago in this super old news piece here. However, it was always on my mind, so recently I pulled out those pages and began rewriting it with added experiences and a more up-to-date reflection of my life. It turned out long and maybe it isn’t the most easy to digest, but it's still a solid piece of work I reckon, and a great injection of positive reminders into my life. If nothing else, admit the pictures are cool.

My plan is to release 2 articles next month too, as they are both pretty much done-ish. And then, believe it or not, there is a good chance July will see 2 articles as well, one of which may or may not be the guide to those The Top 50 Albums Of 2011, Reinterpreted As Short Stories I wrote, which still needs some sort of explaining. The point is, I just can’t seem to stop writing, and am having a blast doing so - why would I slow down? This kind of frantic creativity may not last, I must use it while I can.

After all this, I simple HAVE to launch my next short story. I am just under half way, and it is by far the coolest most researched fictional thing I have ever done. Amped.

THE FUNPOWDER PLOT
On this side, I simply have no idea. I don’t even know what to say. It’s out of my court right now, as is the nature of collectives. From what I understand there are 3 videos basically done, so I guess we can all just try very hard to be patient? I’m trying very hard to be patient is what I am really saying.

COMING DOWN HAPPY
As there is no point of repeating myself twice, you can find a bunch of Coming Down Happy news over here. I write about the beginnings of the sequel EP and then I moan about how depressed the whole project has made me in hindsight. The funny thing is that just after I wrote that, I went home and began busting out some of the raddest sounds I feel I have ever put together. So take it all with a pinch of salt, I feel much better now.

That is all,
Twitter.

No comments :

Post a Comment